1. How does the Englert LeafGuard gutter work? The scientific principle of liquid adhesion causes rainwater to cling to the gutter hood, then fall in the gutter trough and flow out. The narrow opening between the hood and the gutter deters debris from entering the gutter. The Good Housekeeping Institute tested this in their lab before awarding us the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
2. Does LeafGuard work in a heavy rain? LeafGuard has been laboratory tested in simulated rainfall of more than 32 inches per hour! The LeafGuard gutter likes large amounts of rainwater.
3. Can Englert LeafGuard be installed on existing gutters? No. LeafGuard is not an add-on product, but a seamless, one-piece system attached to the fascia board of your home with strong, specially fabricated internal brackets. We do, however, offer another Englert gutter guard product that will fit onto your existing gutters without nailing to your roof.
4. In what lengths do LeafGuard gutters come? Any length you want. LeafGuard is a seamless gutter that is roll-formed to custom lengths at your home or other job site.
5. How much does Englert LeafGuard guttering cost compared to regular open-top gutters?LeafGuard does cost more than conventional open-top gutters. But they’re not comparable because the revolutionary LeafGuard design works so much better at keeping your gutters debris free. In many cases, a complete LeafGuard guttering system costs less than an add-on gutter cover device on new conventional gutters.
6. Is my roof too steep for the LeafGuard seamless gutter system? No. LeafGuard works well no matter the pitch of your roof. In fact, the steeper the roof, the better the performance.
7. You mean nothing will get in Englert LeafGuard gutter system? No, that’s not what we’re saying. Most debris gets into a conventional gutter when it is not raining. The Englert LeafGuard gutter deflects dry debris almost entirely. What little debris gets in the system when it rains will flush out of the 3 x 4 downspout because it’s designed to be self-flushing. Guaranteed to be clog-free.
8. Why is LeafGuard’s one-piece construction important? LeafGuard’s one-piece seamless construction means that LeafGuard is seamless on both top and bottom. This one-piece construction protects your fascia and gives LeafGuard structural integrity so it will not bow, bend, or sag. The one-piece construction also means that there are no add on pieces or parts that attach to your roof or under your shingles.
9. What is the Englert LeafGuard Guarantee? The LeafGuard gutter is guaranteed not to clog with leaves, pine needles, or other organic debris for as long as you own your home. The no-clog warranty is available to the next owner
10. Will LeafGuard alter the appearance of my house? Many LeafGuard customers comment on how the system enhances the look of their home. The low profile design blends in with your home and is independent of the roof system.
11. How sturdy is the LeafGuard gutter system? It uses .032″ aluminum, at least 20% thicker than conventional gutters. “This Old House” says, “When buying any metal gutters, choose the thickest you can afford – optimally .032 in.” Only LeafGuard comes with .025″ gauge downspouts, the strongest on the market today. The gutter is screwed to the fascia board every two feet with internal hanging brackets, or in the case of angled fascia, we custom install using a wedge system to keep the gutter from angling back.